Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thailand

Getting a massage on the beach while having my feet scrubed and a pedicure done simutaneously all for $10 bucks, I am in heaven. Balming warm weather, fabulous beaches, minty water, yummy veggie fair everywhere, cheap prices and I LOVE Thailand.

Phuket was our first stop in Thailand and I was so excited. We landed in the airport, going from 17 C to 25 C with humidity. I breathed a sigh of AWWWWWWWW - Warmth. I am happy already

However, one of the first things we do is lose my camera with all our great Australia photos on it, starting with Brisbane, in the mini van on the way to our hotel. I had found this really great place online, called Club Bamboo. Although, it technically was in Patong, famous for it’s beach and rowdy nightlife, it was located up a hill just a bit away from the downtown mayhem.

Okay by us. It had a pool, spa, restaurant, fitness center, and bar. Oh, and a free shuttle down to the beach/night scene, just a km or two away. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a cold delicious juice and told we were being upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite! Awesome, this was starting out right. And all for the outrage price of $17/night. That’s right, outrageously grrrrrrrrrreat! Good thing I booked 2 nights because we ended up staying 5! So it cost $23 / night for the following 3. It was costing up to $35 to stay in a carpark in Australia. Wow, what a huge difference.

Did I mention that I had the most delicious veggie green curry for dinner for a mere $2.50! Yes, yes, very happy kitty. Meow!